“Men aren’t commanded to be masculine and women aren’t commanded to be feminine. They’re both just commanded to be godly.” ~ Preston M. Sprinkle
Everyone has the right to explore and express their spirituality and sexuality in a way that is healthy and comfortable for them. Some people may feel more comfortable being open about their sexuality, while others may feel more private about it. It is important to remember that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to sexuality, and what is right for one person may not be right for another. However, we must be mindful of boundaries and communicate openly and honestly with any sexual partners to ensure that everyone is on the same page and feels comfortable and respected.
Feeling stuck, tired and disconnected? Here are seven ways you can bring more love, sex and magic into your life.
1. Pctice self-love and self-acceptance. Loving and accepting yourself is an important foundation for attracting love and positivity into your life. Take time to prioritize self-care and engage in activities that nourish your mind, body and spirit. Shift your perception of self-love and do things that feel good and fun. Whether it be painting in your underwear or being on a Zoom call while wearing your favorite bottoms that no one could see, work on integrating more laughter and a sense of freedom into your life.
2. Set intentions. Identity what you want to bring into your life, whether it be more love, passion or connection. Clearly stating your intentions can help you focus your energy and manifest your desires. Make it a practice to state your intention when you first wake up in the morning, while the brain is uncluttered. Take a moment then to connect with your body by tapping or rubbing every inch of it, sending it your intention with love, gratitude and imagining all the sex, fun, play and freedom you are going to experience today. Walk into this step with faith and a sense of magic; if you don’t, you won’t experience it.
3. Connect with others. Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships can bring love and joy into your life. After you touch yourself in loving-kindness, reach for someone or something to touch. Grab a partner, pet, plant, child or coworker and give them a hug, a tap and/or project out of your eyes loving kindness onto them and through them. Being communal beings, we must take time to connect with friends and loved ones, so consider joining social groups or clubs to meet new people.
4. Explore your sexuality. Sexuality is an important aspect of being human, and exploring and expressing your desires can bring more magic and passion into your life. Consider trying new things and being open to new experiences. You may or may not have a certain kink, but it’s good to explore these things at various stages of life, since we change. The kink could even be touching yourself in a whole new way. When you’re on your period, attempt wearing something red that makes you feel more powerful. Whatever you decide to do, it must be intentional.
5. Practice gratitude. Focusing on the positive aspects of yourself and your life will help you cultivate a sense of appreciation and bring more love and joy into your days. Watch your thoughts and then pivot them when you don’t want to believe them. Instead of looking at yourself in the morning and stating how tired you look, try reframing this and say, “Good morning, you sexy wild woman!” Laugh at yourself and see how much lighter and sexier you’ll feel. Make a point to regularly express gratitude for the people and experiences you value, while you’re having them. Instead of projecting jealousy onto someone, give yourself tender safety and love, then mirror that back with what attributes you have that make you a profound and radiant being.
6. Get in touch with your spirituality. Whether you follow a particular faith or have a more general spiritual practice, connecting with a higher power or sense of purpose can bring a sense of peace and meaning to your life. You can take this spiritual practice into your most intimate moments. When having sex with your partner, think about the life you want to manifest and imagine that universal god force filling you with orgasmic power. When climaxing, imagine this healing power propelling itself to the areas of your life that you’re blessed with, that need more support and healing, and/or all you want to manifest. Take a sexual risk and invite spirit into your holiest experiences.
7. Take risks and try new things.
Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things can bring excitement and novelty into your life. This can include trying new hobbies, traveling to new places or simply being open to new experiences and opportunities as they come your way. Either way, if you want to attract more love, sex and magic into your life, it starts by first saying “yes” and holding onto that yes, as you love, nurture and support yourself and others in daringly new ways.